How to Recover Data from M2 Memory Card?
M2 is the name given to memory sticks which was produced by Sony Corporation, in a joint venture with SanDisk. Its actual name is Memory Stick Micro which is having approximately one quarter the size of Memory Stick Duo. Different M2 versions have released in different storage capacities ranging from 64 MB to 16 GB. Although the support of these memory cards has dropped by Sony, there are still people who are using M2 cards on their Sony Ericson mobile phones and on many other devices. So, it is not at all an irrelevant matter to discuss about M2 memory card data recovery.
Anyhow before thinking about recovery, the foremost thing is to discuss the data loss pertaining to a M2 memory card. You have to understand that all types of devices which are compatible with Memory Stick Pro Duo also support an M2 memory card. Data can get lost from music players, PSPs, cellphones, cameras, etc. whichever use an M2 card due to the reasons which are also applicable for a Memory Stick Pro Duo. But, how this data loss really happens?
- Memory Card Corruption: M2 memory card has a maximum data transfer rate of 160 Megabit/ second. Like any other type of memory card it uses flash memory. After several hundred cycles of write/erase, these cards lose their ability to retain data. “Retention” is a failure factor which indicates how a memory card can survive with respect to the external environment. If your M2 card gets corrupt, you will not be able to access any data from it.
- Formatting: Perhaps, this will be one of the extreme cases of data loss related to any flash memory card, not just M2 cards. You may accidentally format your M2 memory card without thinking about precious data which is present on that card. All your M2 card data will be wiped out in a matter of seconds due to this. You have to find out a tool which is capable of recovering M2 memory card files to overcome this situation.
- Some Other Causes: Accidental Deletion of files, third party tools, bad sectors on the card, etc. are some other reasons which can bring data loss on your M2 memory card.
Yes, it is the right time to talk about a powerful tool which can perform M2 memory card data recovery within few simple steps. The name of that tool is Recover Formatted SD card. Don’t confuse with name of this software. It is not just for a formatted SD card. You can recover M2 memory card files and any other types of flash memory card data including SD, SDHC, SDXC, CF, MMC Pro Duo, etc.
Note: Do you want to know how to recover data from an SD which has been using on a Canon Camera? You don’t have to go anybody else. Visit the following page to clear all your doubts regarding Canon camera SD card data recovery: https://www.recoverformattedsdcard.com/canon.html
What are the Unique Features of this Tool?
- Apart from being a M2 data recovery tool, you can use this software for restoring photos on different types of memory cards including SD card. Check this page, to get more information on this subject.
- Using the demo version of this tool, you can view restored files from an M2 card through a preview browser which you can utilize for evaluating its recovery results.
- If you want to bypass bad sectors on the M2 card, you can use “Create Disk Images” option of this tool.
- You can perform M2 memory card data recovery on different variants of Windows and Mac computers.
- All types of Windows and Mac file systems are supported by this utility. Few examples are FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, and exFAT.
- You can restore M2 memory card files including music files, images, applications, videos, documents, etc. with this tool.
- This tool allows you to retrieve videos from bad SD card, which got corrupt due to software conflicts, file system corruption or OS errors.
Steps to Recover M2 Memory Card Data
Step1: After connecting your M2 memory card, install the demo version of this software on your computer. Home Screen will appear as in Figure 1. Select “Recover Photos” option from it.
Figure 1: Home Window
Step 2: You can select either "Recover Deleted Photos" or "Recover Lost Photos" from the second screen depending on your requirement. You can see a list of drives from the third screen including your M2 card. From there, choose the M2 card and click on forward arrow to start scanning.
Figure 2: Select M2 Memory Card
Step3: After scanning, you can view data on either “Data View” or “File Type View” option as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Recovered Files
Recuperar Tarjeta SD con Formato | Récupérez Carte SD Formatée | Erholen Formatierten SD-Karte | Erholen Formatierten SD-Karte | Recuperare Formattato la Scheda SD | 恢復格式化的SD卡 | フォーマット済みのSDカードを回復 | 포맷 된 SD 카드를 복구 | Herstellen Geformatteerde SD Kaart | Recuperar cartão formatado SD